Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Beginnings

I'm always a little uneasy when the new year comes around. There have been a few years in my life where I couldn't wait for the new year to begin. Like the year I was pregnant with Jada, but had just suffered a miscarriage a few months before. That was 2006. What a year and boy was I ready for it go away.

But, this year was really different for me. I wasn't ready for 2009. I wished I could buy 24 more hours of 2008 just to get a few things done. I kept telling myself, you can't go into 2008 with a dirty house. But, my house was still dirty and 2009 came anyway.

I think I was uneasy about 2009, because I have so many expectations for myself this year. I'm really trying to pursue my writing and this blog is definitely helping. But, now a new year has begun and I'm really challenging myself to stick to my guns and make sure I'm writing at least once a week.

I'm really contemplating where I'm at professionally and if where I am is where I want to stay.

We're a 2-hour flight or 14-hour drive away from my parents. So, this year we will have to work really hard at making sure Jada sees her grandparents often. And then there's the rest of the family. Our family is spread out all across the board and we have to make some connections happen.

I also still need to lose a few pounds...I may be signing up for a personal trainer. I need someone to get my butt in gear!

Oh, so much to look forward to this year. But, if none of these things get accomplished, I still know the people in my life who love me, the God I serve and that I'm here for a purpose.

No comments: