Monday, October 20, 2008

It Has Begun

Ok. Here it goes. I'm finally writing my first blog entry. I have to start writing again. All of the money I spent on graduate school has to go to good use somewhere. This blog isn’t just to hone my writing skills, but I’m a mom and wife. That’s enough material for the next lifetime. There are so many thoughts and ideas swirling around in my head that it’s about time I put pen to paper (theoretically speaking).

Heck, this blog will probably serve as my personal therapist.

Now, to be honest, there is definitely an element of fear here. I have to really ask myself if I’m ready to pour out my thoughts and have others praise or criticize them? Thinking, thinking, thinking…well of course, I am! I'm tired of holding back. I’ll just have to get over it. I have to invest in myself somewhere. With a daughter, a marriage, a mortgage, a car payment, a full-time job, blah, blah, blah….I haven't had any time to invest in anything that really makes me happy.

And my excuse is always that I don’t have enough time. Well, no more excuses.

I'm ready to take the gloves off. I’m going to really try to not just talk about myself all of the time and invest in the plethora of diverse subjects that are flooding our nation and our world. I must warn you that I do tend to get a little abstract at times, so I’ll make sure to rein it when I can.
I’m hoping this blog will take me and my readers (crossing my fingers here!) on a great journey while discovering how to steer through life with finesse. Get ready…

2 comments:

Elizabeth L. said...

Janelle! I'm so happy to read your new blog! I was just about to email you and ask to see it, and ask if you were writing for CMB. Have you put up a post yet? (I may have missed it - I haven't gotten to all my reading lately!)

Anyway, congratulations! I am going to look forward to getting to know you on your blog, and hopefully soon we will be able to get together with the girls. Wanna shoot for sometime after Thanksgiving?

Hugs,
Liz

Elizabeth L. said...

Janelle! I'm so happy to read your new blog! I was just about to email you and ask to see it, and ask if you were writing for CMB. Have you put up a post yet? (I may have missed it - I haven't gotten to all my reading lately!)

Anyway, congratulations! I am going to look forward to getting to know you on your blog, and hopefully soon we will be able to get together with the girls. Wanna shoot for sometime after Thanksgiving?

Hugs,
Liz