Monday, December 8, 2008

A breath of air

So, Jada's been sick for the last two weeks. Yes, TWO weeks. Kerry and I have totally felt it. We're exhausted and at last, it looks as if she's over it. When a baby's sick it's like the whole house shuts down. It's like 100% of your energy goes to making the baby better. Not to mention, you have snot and coughs coming at you from every angle. At times, it's unbearable.

But, she's over it and for the first time tonight, I was able to load the dishwasher. I know to some people this is no big deal. But, to me, it's as if I just got a really large breath of air. Dishes had been sitting in our sink for a few days and that drives me crazy. So tonight, Jada went down at her normal bedtime and I loaded my dishwasher with Anita Baker swooning me in the background.

My how my life has changed!

No comments: