Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas

There have only been two times in my life that I have not spent Christmas with my family. The first was shortly after we were married and Kerry's father invited us to his home for the holiday. The second will be in a few short days. This is truly our first Christmas as a family. Jada is finally able to unwrap presents and she knows what gifts are. Our home really feels like a home now. We're more organized and there's a natural flow.

So, I'm cooking Christmas dinner for the three of us. I'm totally excited about it and have been watching Food Network to get some ideas. I've also changed my focus. It was a little hard for me to grasp the fact that we wouldn't spend Christmas day with my family, but I also realized that this is a time for us to start our own traditions. I know most people grasped this idea a long time ago, but it's become reality for me now. I'm excited to create our Christmas Eve, Christmas meal, present opening and giving back tradition.

We'll see how it goes and I'll post some pictures. Until then, Merry Christmas. We have a lot to be thankful for and even more to do to make our world a little more peaceful.

No comments: